Page 23 of 305 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323373123 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 3042

Thread: Games: What games are you currently playing? [OT!]

  1. #221
    Inactive Member melfice's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2002
    Posts
    4,689
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Mmmm... i've gotten my dreamcast working again! ^^ Abd i've started playing one of the best fighters ever done... Capcom Vs. SNK 2

  2. #222
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Report on my Chrono Cross game:

    **MAJOR CHRONO CROSS SPOILERZ**

    ?
    ?
    ?

    <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma">spoiler (click to view):</font><hr size="1"><div class="spoiler" id="P78LCQ">My Compass of Order went chaos as Serge talked for the first time; I had to fight my own party as Lynx; found out that Lynx exchanged bodies with Serge; and Lynx-Serge killed Kid.

    Is this the part you said it sucks, Xellos? I don't think it sucks so much, at least it's an interesting plot twist... I'm more worried about what happened to Kid. I saved my game as Lynx alone in a weird place, I'll continue later.

    But why in hell didn't Serge say, when being Lynx in the combat, something like "Stop, dammit, I'm good ol' Serge, that me over there is not me!"?

    EDIT: I continued my game, comments on the new characters:

    - "Monsieur Lynx": Serge's got a new cool look, didn't he? Harle says nobody would tell he's actually Serge, but I don't think so - he's the only silent guy in the game ^_^
    - Old lady: At least that's what her description says... I thought she was a male goblin.
    - Harle: Am I supposed to dislike her? I don't know, there's something on her that I like, maybe it's the way she talks. I find her quite interesting.

    So far, this part of the game doesn't suck, it's just bizarre and twisted.

    </div><hr size="1"></blockquote>

    ?

    **

    EDIT: Updated spoiler text with more info.

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ August 27, 2003 04:05 PM: Message edited by: -Wiseman- ]</font>

  3. #223
    Inactive Member Xellos's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,598
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Th part after this sucks &gt;_&lt;

    Game I'm playing:
    So Cal 2 GCN
    SO Cal 2 GCN
    So FUCKING CAL 2!!!!

  4. #224
    Inactive Member One Classy Bloke's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2002
    Posts
    3,653
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I never found Chrono Cross boring during the bit Wiseman's at.

    Anyway, Sonic Heroes update: I've seen a new video, which has clips of all four teams in action. Gameplay, graphics (not sure which version these clips are from) and speed are all looking good. The main new factors are sound and the characters.

    Sound effects are the same at the ones you'll find in the Sonic Adventure games. The music is to the same style as well.

    While, Team Sonic and Team Chaotix look fine in action, Big just cannot jump like Sonic. Same case with E-102 (might be called Omega (different Model see?)), Amy and Cream. All the characters seem to have the same moves too (so, Big can do a homing attack just like Sonic or Shadow). Still, this shouldn't affect the gameplay at all, it just looks weird.

    I also managed to download a Billy Hatcher movie too: It's looking promising. Being the first orignal Sonic Team title since the Saturn, it has a lot to stand up to. Gameplay-wise, it's looking like a mix of Mario 64 and Sonic with some eggs tossed in. I don't really know much more than that. Graphically, the game is bright and vivid in colour. Edges are smooth and the character designs (while goofy) are good.
    I didn't heard any sound effects, but the music is upbeat and cheerful. Kinda reminds me of some of the music in Gitaroo Man, without the guitar.

    Overall, it's looking to be a fun and orignal game, dispite it's cute appearance. I predict that will be another of those underrated games that will fall into the void of never seeing a sequel like Nights and Burning Rangers. grand shame that.

  5. #225
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    *CHRONO CROSS MAJOR SPOILERS!!!!*

    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?

    <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma">spoiler (click to view):</font><hr size="1"><div class="spoiler" id="M4ZKHT">I went to the Demi-Human isle, but it was full of Gnosis! (Glad to see I didn't turn white and shatter when passing through them [img]biggrin.gif[/img] ). So I'm back at the Durandal, trying to get the Song of Nephilim. Damn Jr. and his casino [img]biggrin.gif[/img] . LOL. (Note: Xenosaga is required to understand these jokes.)

    I enjoyed being a cat, too bad the game's not fully 3D and I couldn't see girls' panties when I could. (j/k again)

    I'll continue tomorrow.</div><hr size="1"></blockquote>

    **

  6. #226
    Inactive Member F4ll3n 4n93l's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 21st, 2003
    Posts
    8
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    so...what..we're making progress anouncements on the games we're playing? in that case i now have the f5 in fire pro d, which was released on monday.

  7. #227
    Inactive Member melfice's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2002
    Posts
    4,689
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have no idea...

    Capcom Vs SNK2 I've gotten Shin Gouki, and his stage, now i'm fighting to get me God Rugal...

  8. #228
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm kind of disappointed with the Chrono Cross soundtrack; I was expecting more of Mitsuda-sama. I like the Xenogears soundtrack much better, and I like the Xenosaga soundtrack better than Xenogears. In fact, only two or three tracks of the ones I've heard meet my expected standard.

    The instruments aren't as good as in Xenogears (and Xenosaga is beyond comparison), but this is not the problem I have with it.

    I think what it lacks is expressiveness. It's the same as with the Skies of Arcadia soundtrack (which I like better than this one, but not as much as Xenogears'): it's definitely good quality music, but it's kind of dull, it just stays there, sounding in the background... It doesn't talk for itself, it doesn't add anything to the game.

    In games like Grandia II, Xenogears and Xenosaga, the music in cut-scenes is so full of expressivity you could be blind and still understand what's going on. I think it's the music what makes the difference between a really good cut-scene (involving great characters), and a masterpiece. Think of the scene in the end of The Birthplace of the Gods, in Grandia II. The music is the third protagonist of the scene, besides Ryudo and Elena. I think it's music what makes these scenes so special.

  9. #229
    Inactive Member Xellos's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,598
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Beat Weapon master Mode first time through, beat Talim's Arcade, Link's, Cervy's, Mina's, Mitsurugi's, and Xiungha's.

    How do I buy the Soul Edge, and SouL Calibur weapons? I've read I need to be on the extra missions, which I am, but they aren't in the shop...

  10. #230
    Inactive Member One Classy Bloke's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2002
    Posts
    3,653
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh yea! <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma">spoiler (click to view):</font><hr size="1"><div class="spoiler" id="CGQ7KX">Being a cat</div><hr size="1"></blockquote> is the greatest part of the whole game.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •